- 1 cup canola oil for cooking vegetables
- 1 cup cubed tofu
- ½ cup sliced green beans
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon diced onions
- 3 clove garlic, crushed and finely diced (or more to taste)
- ½ tsp of salt (+ pinch for seasoning)
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional: ⅛ cup vegetarian broth (can be substituted with chicken broth)
- Optional: 1 tbsp vegetarian stir-fry sauce
- Spring roll wrappers (as many as you want to make!)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 teaspoons water
- ¼ tsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- Pour 1/4 cup oil in pan or wok and set to medium heat. When hot, fry the cubed tofu until brown. Set aside when finished.
- In the same pan, use the remaining oil to sautée the 1 clove garlic and onion. Sautée the onion first because the garlic may burn. Then include the garlic. Following that, put the green beans, then jicama, then carrots.
- Optional: you may also add broth and stir-fry sauce as the vegetables are cooking
- When the vegetables are cooked, sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When finished, put the cooked vegetables in a strainer to drain the extra sauce and let cool.
- In a small pan, make the paste to be used for rolling the egg roll. Mix the cornstarch and water in the pan. Simmer on low heat until it’s a pasty consistency. Set aside in a small bowl. (This is optional. Simmering the paste helps to seal the egg roll better when it’s being fried.)
- Place ¾ cup of oil in a pan and set to low to medium heat while rolling the egg rolls.
- Place 2 tbsp of vegetable onto wrapping paper. Wrap. (Please refer to the images below the directions to understand the way to wrap the lumpia—just remember to place paste as if it’s glue in order to “seal” the parts of the lumpia that you’re wrapping!)
- Fry the egg rolls on medium heat until browned.
- To make the sauce to dip the lumpia in, mix 2 cloves finely minced garlic, ½ tsp of salt, pinch of pepper, and ¼ tsp of sugar with white
Source: Bok Choy And Broccoli
Share It To Your Friends!