- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ pound baby blue crabs, halved
- 1 tablespoon sauteed shrimp paste
- 2 cups pure coconut milk or 2 cups canned coconut cream
- ½ medium squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 to 12 pieces Okra, ends trimmed and cut in halves
- 10 to 12 pieces green beans, ends trimmed and cut into halves
- 2 medium eggplant, ends trimmed and sliced
- 2 cups Kangkong leaves or spinach
- 2-3 pieces chile (I used siling haba)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and onions and cook until limp. Add the blue crabs and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they turn red. Add shrimp paste and cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened and reduced. Add squash and cook until tender but firm. Add green beans, okra and eggplant and continue to cook until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Source: Yummy As Can Be
Share It To Your Friends!