- Equal amounts and same size cuts of potato, pumpkin and sweet potato, at about one medium potato per person
- Cabbage very finely sliced – 1 cup per person
- Zucchini julienned – no skin and raw about ½ per person
- Cauliflower raw and just the floriets ¼ cup per person
- Beans top and tailed and blanched 8 per person
- Broccoli blanched – ½ cup per person
- Tofu – sliced into one inch squares lightly dusted in rice flour and fried till golden 4 -5 per person
- 4 – 5 Shallots finely sliced and fried in oil until brown then drain on absorbent paper and reserve
- Boiled eggs ¼‘s about 5 per person
- 2 big spoonful of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 – 3 tbls water
- 4 – 5 tbls banana liqueur
- 1 – 2 tbls ketchup manis
- 2 tsp Sambal olik
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of flaked chipotle chilies or Smokey paprika
- Juice of ½ – 1 fresh lime
- Put peanut butter into a pan over gentle heat and add water and liqueur and then mix through until all the peanut butter is mixed and broken down into a paste – add more liquor if needed.
- Add ketchup manis, Sambal olik and chipotle flakes and mix through then add the juice of half a large lime.
- Taste and adjust for flavour as per your own taste buds.
- Put all the vegetables into a large mixing bowl and give them a good mix then spoon peanut sauce over the top.
- Give it a really good mix again making sure the sauce is evenly mixed through.
- Serve on to a plate and arrange the tofu around the bottom of the salad and the egg quarters on top.
- Garnish with a good pinch of the crispy shallots and drizzle some more sauce over the salad and around the plate.
Share It To Your Friends!