- half a bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized white onion, sliced
- 175 grams pasta noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup salty, starchy water used to cook the pasta
- 250 grams tomato sauce
- 142 grams vienna sausage (I use Libby’s), drained and sliced
- 411 grams canned diced tomatoes, with the liquid reserved.
- 5 – 7 pieces sweet longganisa, sliced into bite sized pieces.
- 3 – 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or use brown sugar)
- dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute until onions start to sweat and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the longganisa and cook until the fat renders and it is starting to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes together with the liquid. Add the tomato sauce and simmer until the sauce has reduced and has thickened. Add the vienna sausage.
- Mix in the sugar, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- When the sauce has reduced, add the starchy water and raise the heat to high. Add in the pasta and mix well. Serve immediately and top with grated cheese (optional)
Source: The Hungry Giant
Share It To Your Friends!