- Stale white bread (feel free to use leftover hamburger buns or other forms of bread)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated, flavored coffee creamer of choice
- 2-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large skillet until it covers the surface in a shallow layer. Heat the oil on the medium setting.
- Whisk the eggs and creamer together until well incorporated and pour the panko bread crumbs into a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture for several seconds until both sides are covered. Do not allow to soak for too long. You want to allow the bread to absorb just enough egg mixture to coat the surface. Next, dip the bread into the panko crumb mixture and coat well on both sides. Shake off any excess bread crumbs.
- Add the bread to the hot skillet and pan fry for about 3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite maple syrup.
Source: The Red Gingham
Share It To Your Friends!