- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary stem, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 2 14 oz-can diced tomatoes
- 7 oz-can tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions.
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a Dutch oven or oven-safe saucepan, fry bacon and rosemary in olive oil until lightly golden. Drain excess bacon grease.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until the meat is browned, before adding wine, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and oregano.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, then place in the oven for 1½ hours, adding more water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with spaghetti and grated cheese.
Source: The Tasty Bite
Share It To Your Friends!