- 1lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup white onion (minced)
- 1 egg
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (6 oz) Package rice stix (also called vermicelli rice noodles)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 fresh carrots (peeled into strips)
- 1 bunch of green onions (sliced into strips)
- 1 (14 oz) can of beef broth
- soy sauce (to serve)
- Combine meatballs ingredients in a bowl, mix well and form 1 to 1-1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Rinse the rice noodles until they go slightly soft and set aside. Slice the green onions into 1” strips. Peel the carrots and then use your peeler to peel all the way down the carrot making long thin strips.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat and stir fry vegetables for 3 minutes until the carrots go limp.
- Add beef broth and rice noodles to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook while stirring until the beef broth is absorbed and the noodles are soft. Put meatballs on top of noodles or mix them together and serve with soy sauce if desired.
Source: Blog Chef
Share It To Your Friends!