- 8 chicken thighs, de-boned (with skin on)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 125 ml white vinegar
- 6 pieces black pepper corns
- 2 bay leaves
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pan. When hot, add the chicken in batches to brown the skin, around 3 minutes. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Remove the chicken pieces and take out some of the oil in the pan and put the pan back on the heat.
- Add the garlic and saute, then add the white vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves and chicken. Allow the vinegar to come to a boil then add enough water to cover the chicken, around 500 to 750 ml.
- Allow the chicken to simmer, around 30 minutes until cooked. When done, remove the chicken from the pan and allow the sauce to simmer further until the sauce thickens to almost a syrup, around 20 minutes. When ready to serve the chicken, heat the rest of the oil in a separate pan and crisp the skin once more. Serve the sauce on the side and some white rice.
Source: Chef Pinoy Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!