For the Meatballs:
- 1 and ½ pounds ground beef
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp very finely minced onion
- 1 and ½ tsp salt
- lots of ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- cup ketchup
- 6 tbsp minced onion
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- dash of hot sauce ( omit if necessary)
- Meatballs: Combine beef and oats in a large bowl then pour in milk.
- Add onion,salt and pepper. Combine ingredients by mixing by hand or two big spoons.
- Roll the meatballs into 1 tablespoon rounds and place them on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a canola oil in a large pan. Dredge meatballs with flour and brown the meatballs until light brown, working in batches.
- Place browned meatballs in a rectangular baking dish and preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the sauce: Combine and stir all sauce ingredients and pour evenly on the meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 45 minutes until meat is tender and sauce bubbly.
Source: Woman Scribbles
Share It To Your Friends!