- 3 cups Brodie self- raising flour
- 1 and ½ cups white sugar
- 2 cups milk ( I used 2%)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare the steamer by letting water simmer in the bottom layer.
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Mix using a wire whisk until everything is blended and mixture is smooth.
- Lay a large muslin cloth ( katsa ) over the steamer pan and let the cloth take the shape of the pan. Carefully pour the puto mixture over the cloth,being careful not to let mixture flow from the sides.It is important to use a muslin cloth larger than the pan so that you can have few inches over hang on the sides.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Using a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth, cover the entire puto batter and place the lid over top. This will protect the puto from condensation of water during steaming process.
- Steam for 30 minutes. Let puto cool completely before removing from cloth and serving.
Share It To Your Friends!