- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 pimientos de Padrón (padrón peppers)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Pimenton de la Vera
- 1 slice of toast
- Sea salt
- Heat a skillet to high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan. When this is hot add the peppers, making sure they are in one layer. Be careful as they may spit. Don’t fret, nothing a well-brandished splatter guard and caution can’t fix.
- Fry the peppers in the oil until they are brown and blistered in most places. Remove from the pan and immediately sprinkle with sea salt while hot.
- While the peppers are frying, or after in the same pan, cook your egg. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and, when the oil is hot, add the egg. When the egg starts to set, sprinkle the pimenton, on the yolk, whites, and surrounding oil. Swirl the pan around so the orange oil gets on the egg. Sprinkle the yolk with salt and cook to your desired doneness. I like mine runny…and when you’ve taste a padrón pepper dunked in pimenton-laced runny yolk so will you.
- Toast your bread and assemble all your ingredients on a plate, any which way you want.
Source: 80 Breakfast
Share It To Your Friends!