- 4 medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. diced carrots
- 1/2 c. green beans, cut half-inch pieces (you can also use peas)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (shallots are nice here too)
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped dill pickles (sweet pickles if you want, I prefer dill)
- 2-3 tbsps. brown mustard
- 1 c. Hellman’s mayonnaise
- about 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes and eggs in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with cold, salted water, an inch or two above the potatoes. Bring to a rolling boil and simmer. After 10 minutes, take out the eggs and cool. Peel and chop the eggs when they’re cool.
- Add the carrots and cook about 5 minutes. Take out the carrots and allow to cool. Add the green beans into the pot of boiling potaoes and cook until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. The potatoes should be cooked by this time too. If not, leave to continue cooking until a knife easily goes through them.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool. Peel the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle and dice to the desired size. Mix in with other vegetables.
- In a big bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, celery, onions, pickles, eggs, salt and pepper. Then add the cooked vegetables and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Source: The Unofficial Cook
Share It To Your Friends!