- 1 lb skirt steak, round steak, or sirloin sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can beef consomme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes
- Lightly coat steak with cornstarch. Shake off any excess. Saute in medium high pan with about 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil, till brown. Remove from pan and place aside.
- Using the same pan, add about 3 Tbs of vegetable oil and saute the green pepper and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute to desired doneness.
- Return meat to the pan and turn heat to high. Add soy sauce and 1/2 or 1 can of beef consomme. Turn heat down and taste. You may have to adjust the salt content due to the soy sauce and consomme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a corn starch slurry in a separate dish, by adding about 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3/4 cup of very cold water. It should be a thick, but liquid, consistency. Add the slurry to the pan to thicken the sauce. Add slowly, as you don’t want it too thick!
Source:The Way To His Heart
Share It To Your Friends!