- 1 kg (2 lbs) baby potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (not tomato paste!)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- Splash of tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 230C (446F). Slice the potatoes thickly, about 1/2 inch. Alternatively, cut them into 1 inch cubes. Arrange on a baking tray in a single layer, and brush some olive oil over them. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in oven for 25 minutes until golden and crisp, then turn the potatoes over and bake for another 15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- In the meantime, heat up 4 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and fry the garlic. Then mix in the tomato puree, vinegar, paprika and cayenne/chilli powder. Add salt, black pepper and tabasco to taste. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Stir in the mayonnaise. Dish out and serve hot.
Source: To Food With Love
Share It To Your Friends!