- 1 kg pork ears (ask the butcher to clean them), cheeks and meat
- Water (enough to cover the meat in the pot)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 whole head of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 large onions, chopped
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- In a large pot, pork ears, cheeks and meat; season with salt and pepper and simmer over low heat. Around 1-1.5 hrs.
- Allow to cool briefly, then chop into 0.5-inch pieces. Save the broth
- In a sauce pan, boil white vinegar to remove some of the acidity, turn off heat and add sugar and salt to taste, pour over cooked meat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and chilies and some broth. Mix thoroughly.
- Marinate for about 1-2 hours before serving.
Source: The Kitchen Invader
Share It To Your Friends!