- 1/3 cup mung beans (munggo)
- 2 cups sweet glutinous rice, (malagkit)
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 8 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup preserved jackfruit (langka) cut into strips (optional)
- In a dry skillet over high heat toast mung beans (munggo). Stirring continuously to evenly brown the mung beans. Let it cool completely. Place them in a resealable plastic bag and pass a rolling pin over them a few times to remove skins from the beans. Set aside.
- In a large heavy pot combine rice, coconut milk, water, salt and toasted mung beans. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and stirring every 5 minutes to avoid rice and mung beans from sticking at the bottom of the pan. Simmer until rice and mung beans becomes very soft for about 40-50 minutes. Add more water if it becomes too sticky. Add the sugar and jackfruit (langka) and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Cover, remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Source:Kutsara At Tinidor
Share It To Your Friends!