- 1 lb. shrimps, washed, cleaned shells on
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
- 1 stalk lemon grass- discard the top part
- 1 cup bamboo shoots julienned*
- 2 stalks of green onions sliced small
- Thai bird chili (optional)
- Basil leaves (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic, ginger and lemon grass then add the bamboo shoots cook until tender.
- Add the shrimp and coconut milk. Bring to a boil
- Shrimp is cooked when it turns pink.
- Season to taste and add the Thai bird chili if desired.
- Discard the lemon grass. Garnish w/ green onions and basil if needed.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Share It To Your Friends!