- 4 lbs bone in beef short ribs, well trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz thick cut bacon, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion, halved, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can Guinness
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Season beef with salt and pepper, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook short ribs in skillet browning on all sides, transfer to crock pot. Wipe out the pan and return to heat
- Cook book until crisp, remove to a paper towel lined plate
- Remove all but 1 tbsp of dripping in the pan, reduce heat to medium and add in the onion. Cook and stir until softened and translucent. Add in flour, mustard, tomato paste, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and pour in Guinness. stir to scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour over short ribs in the crock pot. add in bacon, bay leaf, and beef broth to crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve on their own or over hot mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
Source: Tammilee Tips
Share It To Your Friends!