- 5 pounds potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 cups salad dressing Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes depending on the size of the potato chunks.). Drain the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
- Put the eggs in another saucepan and add water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, and then let the water and eggs boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and cover them with ice cold water. Allow the eggs to sit in the cold water while you mix up the dressing.
- For the dressing, combine the sugar, salt, mustard, salad dressing, vinegar and pepper. Mix until completely combined. Set aside.
- Once the eggs are cool enough to touch, drain the water. Peel the eggs and dice them, then add them to the potatoes.
- Pour the dressing over top the eggs and potatoes and mix until the potatoes are covered.
- After the salad is completely cooled, add the diced cucumber. If you add this while the potatoes are still warm, it will soften the cucumber.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source:Taste Of Lizzy T's
Share It To Your Friends!