- 1 lb beef (uncut, preferably brisket)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 piece beef cube
- 2 pieces star anise
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsp scallions or green onions, finely chopped
- Pour the water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put-in the beef cube and beef then boil until the meat is tender (about 1 to 2 hours if slow cooked or 20 mins if using a pressure cooker)
- When the meat is tender, remove from the pot and allow to cool down. Do not throw away the stock used for boiling.
- Slice the boiled meat in cubes and set aside.
- Place the oil in a pan then heat-up. Saute the garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Put-in the sliced meat and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the soy sauce, ground black pepper, sugar, and 1 cup of beef stock (stock used in boiling the meat) then bring to a boil.
- Put-in the star anise and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens
- Garnish with scallions on top.
- Serve with Garlic Fried Rice and soup
- Share and Enjoy!
- Note: For the soup: combine 1 cup beef stock used for boiling and 2 tsp of sauce.
Source: Life's Something Different
Share It To Your Friends!