- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil of your choice
- 1/3 cup plain 2% yogurt (Greek style)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts, chopped (I mix pecans and walnuts)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch square pan with foil, dull side up, leaving extra edges for lifting.
- Sift dry ingredients onto wax paper or into a bowl.
- In another bowl by hand, combine oil, yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate pieces.
- Spread into baking pan, spreading batter to the edges.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes, never more than 20.
Source: Jenny Can Cook
Share It To Your Friends!