- 2 racks Pork Back Ribs
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbl sesame oil
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbl rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbl fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 2 Tbl Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Remove the thin membrane from the backside of the ribs. Work the end of a spoon under the membrane to lift it then peel it away.
- Cut the two rib racks into 4 sections.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the ribs, seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Tip: if you place the bag in a shallow dish then if it leaks it won't leak into your refrigerator.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients of the basting sauce (not including cornstarch or hot water) in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a gentle boil then reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes.
- If you want it thicker then combine the cornstarch with the hot water and pour a little at a time into the basting sauce. Stir until the sauce becomes as thick as you want.
- Preheat the BBQ to 325F. Place the ribs on the grill bone side down and close the lid.
- Check on the ribs every 20 minutes or so and move them around if some parts are cooking more quickly then others.
- When there's only 20 minutes left to cook the ribs begin basting them with the sauce every 5 minutes until they're fully cooked.
- Remove the ribs from the grill to a serving platter and give one last basting with the sauce, cover and let rest 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Half Hour Meals
Share It To Your Friends!