- 12 large sized Prawns
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teapoon Sesame Oil
- 1 whole head Garlic - minced finely
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- With a pair of sharp kitchen scissors, remove the whiskers and the legs. Gently butterfly the prawns with scissors and remove the veins. Be careful not to cut too deep to avoid cutting the prawn into half. Place the prawns on a heat proof deep dish plate.
- Place minced garlic in a small heat proof bowl. Heat up a small pot with vegetable oil until it starts to smoke. Pour heated oil over the garlic, it will make a crackle sound. Be careful when handling the pot with hot oil.
- While waiting for garlic to cool down, place a steam rack inside a large work or pot, fill with water, and bring it to rapid boil. .
- Spoon garlic and oil into each prawn or just on top of prawns.
- Place the prawns and steam for about 5-8 minutes. Remember to check at the 5 minute mark for doneness to avoid overcooked prawns.
- Mix soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Spoon sauce over cooked prawns, garnish with green onions if using and serve immediately.
Source: Just As Delish
Share It To Your Friends!