- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl combine the green onions, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and Tabasco. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut a 1-inch wide slit into the thick end of each chicken breast, and carefully cut into the center to form a pocket. Be careful not to slice all the way through. Divide the cheese mixture evenly between each pocket. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165°F. Let the chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Handle The Heat
Share It To Your Friends!