- 18 oz. bottle Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 lb. pork butt
- 1 jumbo size zip lock plastic bag
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a medium bowl. Add garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk well and set aside.
- Using a small sharp knife, puncture 1” deep holes that are 2” apart throughout the pork. Place in the plastic bag. Pour in the marinade. Seal bag tight and massage the pork, working the marinade into the slits you have made. Refrigerate pork for 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 275˚ F. Place pork (discard marinade) in a prepared Dutch oven or roasting pan and bake, covered, for about 4 hours or until meat is falling apart. As a guide, bake 1 hour for every 1 pound of meat. Remove from the oven and allow to rest 15 minutes. Remove pork and use forks or a tong to break pork into chunks. Skim the fat off the top of the juices in the pan and drizzle over pork. Makes 6 servings.
Source: In Good Flavor
Share It To Your Friends!