- 4 pounds pork baby back rib
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for more heat)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons reserved Spice Rub (from abo
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F line a baking sheet with sides with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry ribs then cut into 6 pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together spice rub ingredients. Remove 1 tablespoon Spice Rub to use in the barbecue sauce. Rub both sides of the ribs with the spice rub then place ribs on prepared baking sheet. Bake ribs for 30 minutes, flipping half way through to sear meat.
- While the ribs are baking in the oven, add the barbecue sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce and refrigerate to use after ribs are cooked.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking. Add a thin layer of barbecue sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by ribs. Layer sauce and ribs until ribs are evenly coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-9 hours OR cook until ribs are fall off the bone tender. Rotate ribs once during cooking so they cook evenly. Remove ribs from slow cooker and brush with reserved barbecue sauce or use sauce for dipping.
Source: I Heart Naptime
Share It To Your Friends!