- 4 Duck Legs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup plum jam
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 4 star anise
- 5-6 pitted plums, halved
- Preheat the slow cooker if necessary.
- Dry fry the duck legs in a frying pan over low heat until the fat starts to run off them. Then increase the heat to brown the legs on both sides. Remove from the pan and add them to the slow cooker.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the duck fat from the pan. Add the onion and fry until they start to soften a but. Add ½ the green onions, garlic and ginger. Fry for another minute.
- sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chicken stock slowly avoiding lumps.
- Stir in the vinegar, honey, fish sauce, and hoisin sauce.
- Add the plum jam and stir until it melts into the sauce.
- add the Chinese five spice, star anise and the plums. Mix to combine and pour over the duck legs in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Add the remainder of the green onions before serving and serve on rice or Chinese noodles.
Source: Erren's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!