- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use bone in but adjust time) or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (can use bone in but adjust time)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3⁄4cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4cup heavy cream
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Set aside remaining flour.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in large skillet and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Saute onion in same skillet until it begins to become clear.
- Add wine and cook until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring to loosen browned bits (deglaze) on bottom of skillet. Watch closely- this happens fast!
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in reserved flour until it becomes a thick paste.
- Add tarragon, chicken broth and the cooked chicken. Cover and cook until tender.
- Place chicken on a warm platter.
- Add remaining butter and heavy cream to the liquid that is in the skillet and heat through.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and garnish with a little more tarragon or some chopped fresh parsley or green onion if desired.
Share It To Your Friends!