- 1/2 kilo pig's ear, cleaned
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 75 ml. soy sauce
- 125 ml. vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. spring onion, finely chopped
- 150 gms.cooked chicken liver
- 60 ml. fresh calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp. chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place the meat, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a medium casserole and add 1.25 liters of water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and leave to simmer for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the meat and cut into 5 mm slices, then broil for 1 minute on each side.
- Then deep fry in a very hot oil until crispy.
- Drain the meat on absorbent paper and chop coarsely, then add the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a dish and sprinkle withe finely chopped spring onion.
- To make the sauce, mash the chicken liver with calamansi juice to a course paste.
- Add the chili, salt and pepper and blend thoroughly.
Source: Lutong Kapampangan
Share It To Your Friends!