- 8 small chicken drumsticks
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 slices
- Olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Preheat broiler. Broil chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 to 5 inches from heat for 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush onion slices with olive oil. Remove broiler pan from oven. Turn and move chicken to one end of pan. Place onion slices in a single layer on opposite end of pan. Broil for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (180 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine ketchup, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, and pepper sauce. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat; keep warm. Remove onions from broiler. Broil chicken 2 minutes more; brush with sauce during the last minute.
- Chop two of the onion slices; stir into sauce. Serve chicken with onion slices and parsley.
Share It To Your Friends!