- 1 ½ kg chicken (portioned)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or any preferred cooking oil)
- Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Carrot, sliced into rounds or wedges
- Potatoes cut into cubes or wedges (Different cut from the pineapple)
- Whole fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (kakang gata)
- 1 cup chicken stock or water (only if needed)
- 100 grams red bell pepper, sliced into thick strips
- Season the chicken with pineapple juice and ground pepper. Mix well and marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick pan or a wok and stir fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Add and sauté the onion with the chicken.
- Add the garlic, carrots, potatoes, some ground black pepper and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Add the pineapple and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and turn up heat. When the liquid boils, lower the heat to a simmer. Let simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- If the liquid seems too thick, add the chicken stock or water as needed. Stir in the bell peppers. Simmer for two to three more minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Source: Gutom Ako
Share It To Your Friends!