- 1 pack (1 lb) rice noodles (bihon)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp annatto powder
- ¼ cup of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup of dried small shrimps or hibe
- 3 cups shrimp stock
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup lechon kawali or bacon strips
- 2 pieces fried firm tofu (tokwa), cubed (Optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs,sliced
- ½ cup cooked squid slices (boiled or steamed)
- ½ cup cooked shrimps (boiled or steamed)
- 1/4 cup green onion or scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fried garlic
- 4 pieces calamansi
- In a deep dish, soak rice noodles in water for about 2 to 3 minutes or until just softened and drain well.
- Make the sauce. Heat cooking oil in a pan, sauté minced garlic until light brown. Add shrimp stock, annatto powder, fish sauce, dried small shrimps or hibe, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the cornstarch gradually while stirring until the sauce becomes thick.
- In a boiling water, add the soaked noodles in a strainer (use metal or bamboo strainer) then submerge the strainer in the boiling water for about a minute or until the noodles are cooked.
- Remove the strainer from the pot and drain the liquid from the noodles. Place the noodles in the serving plate. Make sure to serve it hot to avoid sticking.
- Pour the sauce on top of the noodles then arrange the toppings over the sauce. Drizzle it with fried garlic and onion leaves with calamansi on the side.
Source: Gutom Ako
Share It To Your Friends!