- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and more for garnish
- 1 pint freshly shucked oysters in liquid
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- oyster crackers (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add butter, shallots, celery hearts and thyme. Cook until shallots are translucent (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add oysters and liquid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or just until the edges of the oysters begin to curl. Stir in half and half and milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until heated through (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form and gently fold into stew just before serving.
- Garnish stew with fresh thyme and serve with oyster crackers.
Source: Salted And Styled
Share It To Your Friends!