- 1 kilo beef (brisket preferred but not necessary); cut in chunks
- 1 small head cabbage (repolyo); quartered
- 1/4 kilo Chinese cabbage (pechay)
- 2 potatoes; quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic; crushed (optional)
- 1 onion; sliced
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- Fish sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 beef boullion (optional)
- 1 lemon or 5 pcs kalamansi
- Soy sauce
- Fry the potatoes in 3 minutes. Set aside
- In a stock pot with no water, simmer the onion with the beef on top until onion renders its juice and beef changes color.
- Season with fish sauce,cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add water to cover, garlic, and peppercorns. Boil for at least one hour. More water maybe added if the beef if tough.
- When beef is tender, add the potatoes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt according to taste or simply add boullion whichever you prefer.
- Add repolyo cabbage and Chinese cabbage. Cook until done.
- Remove from fire and serve hot! Side with fish sauce and lemon (or calamansi) juice or soy sauce with lemon (or calamansi) juice whichever is your preference.
Source:My Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!