- 1 kilo crispy pork lechon kawali, cut into serving portions
- 1 can pineapple, diced
- 1 pc white onion, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolve in 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the lechon kawali. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, bay leaves, peppercorn and water. Stir.
- When water starts to boil, add the vinegar. Do not mix.
- Allow the water to boil again before adding the pineapple juice and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the diced pineapple and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour cornstarch mixture if you want a thicker sauce. Allow 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
Source: Lokal Kusinero
Share It To Your Friends!