- 3 lbs pork cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped plus 1 small onion sliced thinly for garnish
- 1 bunch thyme
- 2 head garlic, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, cut in half
- 2 tbsp salt
- enough cider vinegar to cover meat
- scallion, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a non reactive container by layering ingredients. Place a layer of thyme followed by garlic then the pork on top, repeat until all ingredients are used ending with a layer of thyme and garlic. Pour salt and vinegar into container and place pepper on top, making sure it’s submerged.
- Place in a cool, dark place for at least four days to 1 week.
- After pork has sat for at least four days, pour all ingredients in a strainer. Remove pork and discard all ingredients.
- Pat meat dry. In a pan with 2 tbsp of oil over a medium heat, fry pork for 5 minutes per side. Remove pork from pan and add onion and fry until golden brown. Garnish pork with onions and scallion and serve with bread.
Source: Jehan Can Cook
Share It To Your Friends!