- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup sliced green onions (or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite sized pieces and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 tablespoons water with cornstarch. Turn slow cooker up to high. Whisk cornstarch slurry into the sauce. Cover and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes). Stir chicken back into the sauce and add in green onions.
- Serve over rice.
Source: Spend With Pennies
Share It To Your Friends!