- 3 green/spring onions, cut into finely sliced rounds
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Juice of one fresh lemon (or 3 tablespoons)
- 3 6oz/170g cans white crab meat In water or brine, drained
- ½ cup/120 ml mayonnaise
- ½ cup/25g panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup/30 all-purpose/plain flour
- 2 eggs (for egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ cups/75g dried fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup/60ml vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, green onions, chives, parsley, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Add the crab meat & panko brad crumbs, fold into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Divide combined mixture into 6 equal portions and form into thick round cakes.
- Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes. This sets and firms the cakes so they don't flatten when fried
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and season with salt & pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with the water. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs with paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper .
- Dredge the crab cakes first in seasoned flour, tapping off excess, then in egg wash, letting excess drip off.
- Dredge cakes into seasoned bread crumbs, coating cakes evenly.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil and pan fry until lightly golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
- place the cakes on paper towels to absorb the oil and season with salt to taste.
Source: Erren's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!