- 3 pcs chicken wings (plus your own favorite marinade or breading)
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 pcs regular sized cheesedog, cubed
- 1/3 cup cubed pepperoni (around 12 pcs)
- 1 can green peas
- 1 medium carrot, cubed
- celery stalk and leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons all purpose cream
- cooking oil (for frying and a bit for sauteing)
- fish sauce (patis), onion powder and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 chicken broth cube or powder mix
- 4 cups of water
- Boil the chicken wings in water. Add fish sauce, ground pepper, onion powder and chicken cubes/ powder mix. Cover and let it simmer in low fire for at least two minutes.
- Set aside the chicken wings and broth in separate bowls.
- In a different pot, heat oil and stir fry pepperoni and cheesedog until it browns a bit. Add the chopped celery stalk. Pour in the broth, and let it boil.
- Put the elbow macaroni and cook just a bit before al dente (or firm to the bite). Do not overcook. I'm sure you don't like a slimy soup. Ewwness.
- While you were waiting for the macaroni to be cooked, you may fry the chicken wings in a separate pan. Multitasking kitchen queens rock! Focus, don't panic and never neglect the chicken wings. Deal?
- When the macaroni's half-cooked, add the carrots, green peas and celery leaves. Cook for 30 seconds or a minute.
- Put off the fire. Stir in the cream with a wooden spoon. Add the cabbage. You may turn on the fire again (low heat only) or just allow the remaining heat in the broth to cook the cabbage.
- Scoop the soup in a bowl and top it off with golden crispy fried chicken wings.
Source: Royal Domesticity
Share It To Your Friends!