- 6 pcs chicken thighs
- garlic cloves, minced or use granulated garlic if you don’t feel like peeling and chopping garlic
- onion, diced
- tomatoes, diced
- green finger chillies
- 1 1/2 cups dried shiitake mushroom slices ( or slice whole mushrooms after soaking)
- 1/4 cup red wine ( optional) *
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fish sauce, optional
- extra virgin olive oil ( or any cooking oil that you like ) for sauteeing
*I intended to add chicken stock but I ran out, so I just used water and a little wine for more flavor
- Soak dried shiitake mushroom in a bowl of water. Set aside. Heat a saucepan over medium high heat, add about 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When oil is very hot, add minced garlic and onion, wait for the onion to become soft and translucent then add the chicken thighs, season with salt and ground black pepper and cook chicken until browned on both sides. Add tomato paste, red wine and water and green chillies.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat; season with a liitle fish sauce, if using ( about 1 tablespoon); then let chicken simmer for half an hour or until tender, add okra, cook for 3 minutes. Drain shiitake mushroom, squeeze the extra water out ( if you have whole shiitake mushrooms, slice it first) then add to the chicken. Cook for about 10 more minutes. Turn off heat, plate and serve..with rice of course! Enjoy! :)
Source: Latest Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!