- 1 small brown onion, peeled & roughly diced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), cut into large squares
- Cooking oil
- 500g/1 pound of mince chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Prepare the onion and capsicums and set aside.
- Lightly greased the pan.
- For the chicken meatballs:
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken mince, salt, light soy sauce, sesame oil and breadcrumbs. Knead the meat dough until pliable.
- Wet your hand and roll a tablespoon of the meat dough into a ball and repeat this step to the remaining meat dough.
- Heat up a greased stir fry pan over a medium flame. Brown the meatballs until all surfaces have turned golden brown (do not need to cook through). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add onion and capsicum and sauté for a minute. Remove from the pan.
- Turn the heat over to low, add black bean sauce and ½ cup water onto the pan and stir until well combined.
- Add the chicken meatballs and stir until well combined. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the meatballs to simmer over low-medium for 3 minutes.
- Check to ensure the chicken meatballs are cooked through. If not, cover the pan with a lid again and simmer for another minute or two. Note - add 2 Tablespoons of water at a time should the sauce reduced to the extent of the sauce starts to stick to the pan.
- Add the onion and capsicum back to the pan and add sweet soy sauce. Stir until well combined and heat through. Check for taste and adjust with more salt/soy sauce/sweet soy sauce.
- Serve with steam rice. Enjoy!
Source: Fuzz Free Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!