- 1 block (14 oz), medium to firm tofu
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- Thai peanut sauce, bottled or made from scratch
To make peanut sauceINSTRUCTIONS:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup ground unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps white sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- Slice tofu into 3-inch logs (about 1-inch thick)
- Roll each log over corn starch to coat
- Dip coated logs in beaten egg, then coat them with bread crumbs
- In a frying pan, heat Olive oil
- Fry the breaded tofu until crispy and browned on all sides.
- Remove from heat and place on a platter lined with paper towel to drain excess oil
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, peanuts, garlic, sugar, flakes, soy sauce and water.
- Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add in carrots and some whole peanuts if desired.
Source: Positively Filipino
Share It To Your Friends!