- 1 ½ lbs sirloin beef, sliced into thinly into 2 inch strips
- 1 lb okra, cut in half lengthways or crossways into circles (whatever you prefer)
- 1 whole onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 sprigs thyme
- ½ tsp crushed ginger
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- About 1 tsp salt (adjust according to taste)
- 2 beef bouillon
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- Mix beef, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, ginger, scallion and beef bouillon in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp canola oil in a large pot over high heat. When oil is hot, add beef and allow beef to brown.
- Place enough water to cover beef, cover and cook until tender.
- Add water as needed to prevent the beef from burning.
- To cut down on cooking time, I highly suggest using a pressure cooker at this point. I used my pressure cooker and it took all of 7 minutes.
- When beef is tender, cook until all of the water is gone.
- Using a large spoon, remove the beef from the pot and add the remaining 2 tbsp canola oil. When the oil is hot, add okra and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and salt to the okra and continue to cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- You can adjust the cooking time based on how you prefer okra, I like mine tender but not mushy.
- Serve hot!
Source:Jehan Can Cook
Share It To Your Friends!