- 10 pieces Balut (cooked)
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 piece Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pieces Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Peel off the balut shell, save the liquid in a separate bowl.
- Saute onion and garlic in pan.
- Add the balut and the liquid.
- Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar, and bring to a quick boil without stirring.
- Add the water, bayleaf, and chili flakes, then bring to a boil until half the liquid is reduced and the vinegar has mellowed out.
- Serve with white rice.
Source: Filipino Food Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!