- ½ cup coconut milk (well shaken)
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (My favorite curry paste)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 500g/1 lb ground beef (I used lean)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Shake together all coconut sauce ingredients. You may need to shake for a few min to get the curry paste completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all kofta ingredients except the beef. Whisk until curry paste is completely dissolved. Add the ground beef and mix until completely combined.
- Form 'elongated meatballs'. Do not exceed 2 tablespoons per kofta, as this gets very heavy on the skewer and difficult to handle/cook through. I found it easiest to mash together in my hands first, then roll out gently, then stick the skewer through the center.
- Grill over medium heat, turning every 2 or so minutes for 8-10 minutes, until they are cooked through completely.
- Serve with coconut sauce.
Source:Sweet Peas And Saffron
Share It To Your Friends!