- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 TBSP reduced-sodium GF soy sauce
- 2 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (approx. 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp cornstarch (optional!)
- 1 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil, for stir-frying
- 1 lb peeled and cleaned shrimp, tail on
- 1/2 lb chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Thaw shrimp if using frozen.
- In a bowl, whisk together sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, Sriracha, red pepper flakes, and ginger. For an extra thick sauce like the restaurants serve, add the optional cornstarch to the sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes until tender.
- Next add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add your sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Once fully cooked, shrimp will be pink, opaque and curled.
- Top with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve alongside steamed quinoa or rice and top with additional red pepper flakes and soy sauce to season to taste. You can even add an optional drizzle of Sriracha to kick things up a notch or two!
Source:Peas & Crayons
Share It To Your Friends!