- 3 pounds Boneless, Center Cut Pork Loin
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Fresh Lemon, Zest Finely Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1-½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mild Smoking Wood Chips (like Apple, Olive, Or Alder)
- Place pork loin on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, insert a knife into the lower portion of the loin, about a ¾ inch from the cutting board. Slowly cut into the loin in a spiral motion maintaining the ¾-inch thickness until the center is reached and the loin can be spread out flat.
- In a small food processor, combine all the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and process until mixture is finely ground. Place mixture in a small bowl and add olive oil. Mix well to form a paste.
- Spread the paste mixture evenly all over the inside of the flattened pork loin. Roll up tightly and tie with twine every 2 inches.
- Smoke the porchetta pork loin at 225ºF degrees for approximately 3–4 hours, or until internal temperature registers 145 to 150ºF.
- Remove porchetta to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
- Leftovers may be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days … or eat all the leftovers in a big kick-ass sandwich on day 2.
Source: Tasty Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!