- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 4 chicken thighs with skin (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 container (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil in the skillet and add the chicken, skin side down.
- Pan-fry the chicken 5 to 7 minutes turning once, until golden brown (but not cooked through). Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on plate.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and shallots. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until softened and golden brown. Add the garlic, wine, chicken stock and lemon juice slowly, stirring to get all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, lemon slices and fresh thyme sprigs to the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F, spooning pan sauce over the chicken every 5 minutes. Serve over rice or with toasted french bread and a side salad.
Source: Bourbon And Honey
Share It To Your Friends!