- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the water, chicken broth, and penne. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until the liquid is almost absorbed and the pasta is tender. Stir in the barbecue sauce and Greek yogurt. Once mixed, add in the reserved chicken, onions and shredded cheese. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through.
- Serve immediately and garnish with additional red or green onions.
Source: Prevention RD
Share It To Your Friends!