- 3-5 medium-sized crabs
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 6 or more cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried pepper flakes (adjust according to preference if using fresh red chili)
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, reserve syrup
- 1 one-inch piece of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (for sautéing)
- 1 onion, chopped (for sautéing)
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, julienned (for sautéing)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Separate the main shell off the crab and remove the gray gills and cut the body in half. Remove the claws and crack with the back of the knife or a hammer and set aside.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic, ginger and pineapple.
- Blend in a food processor the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, pineapple, chili flakes and a little water until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, saute minced garlic, onion and ginger until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the pineapple paste and cook until almost dry and dark in color.
- Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, reserved pineapple syrup and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn flame into medium-low, then add the crabs. Cover and simmer for 1o more minutes until sauce has thickened and reduced to almost half in volume.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with steamed rice.
Source: Talentadong Chef
Share It To Your Friends!